A great pasta recipe is a must have for a busy night, luckily this Bacon and Tomato Rotini is just the thing! You can have it on the table in less than a half hour and it will make everyone happy with it’s mix of cheese, garlic, bacon and tomatoes! I used the rotini for this since the rolls helped the olive oil and garlic mix to really stick to the pasta and hold onto the flavor. This is a must try for any night of the week!
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup basil, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cups rotini
4 slices bacon
Salt and pepper
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to package instructions.
2) In a skillet, cook the bacon till crisp and set aside.
3) In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and basil. Mix in salt and pepper.
4) Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add to tomato mixture and combine. Mix in the mozzarella and cover the pot to help it melt.
5) Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top, then serve.