To say these were a success is an understatement! From the first bite, it’s love. The marinade just added the perfect amount of pop to the meat and veggies and they are truly something that will make you want seconds. The veggies cooked up nice and crisp, not soggy. No joke, my husband was yelling at me to hurry up and get my photos so he could have seconds. Like standing behind me with every click, “Are you done? Did you get it?” These are the perfect thing to add to your Labor Day menu, they will be a huge hit!
1 lb flank or sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
1 red and green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch half moons
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/8 cup lime juice
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons cilantro
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1) Mix the marinade and add the cubed meat, coating throughly. Marinate for a least 2 hours in the fridge, overnight preferably.
2) If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before assembling kabobs.
3) Remove meat from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
4) Prepare kabobs by threading the meat and vegetables onto skewers.
5) Grill directly over high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium and grill for an additional 15 minutes.
Note: If you don’t have a grill you can use a grill plate over your stove, same directions.