I love breakfast for dinner! There’s something so fun about having traditional breakfast foods at the other end of the day. I’m always down for a waffle or eggs so this recipe was a perfect breakfast for dinner meal! You need an oven safe skillet for this so I busted out my trusty cast iron and got to work.
6 eggs, beaten
1/4 each of salt and pepper
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 red and green peppers, diced
1 chicken breast
4 mini breakfast sausage links
1) Set oven to broil or preheat to 500 degrees.
2) In the skillet, add 2 tablespoons cooking oil and cook the chicken and sausage until done. Transfer to a plate and cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside for later.
3) In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper.
4) Wipe out the skillet, add the remaining oil and add onion. Stir and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
5) Add the eggs and fold into the vegetables. Add the meat and make sure everything is well mixed.
6) Cook, without stirring, to let the eggs set on the bottom and sides. Let cook for 3-4 minutes.(Note: if you want you can also add some shredded cheddar to the top before adding to the oven)
7) Transfer the pan to the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Cut into slices and serve right out of the pan.