I love cooking with chicken thighs. I find that they crisp up very nicely in either the skillet or the oven and are very versatile and can be used in tons of different ways. These Chicken Thighs with Bacon Garlic Cream Sauce is just what you need for a busy day to relax and enjoy!
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken thighs
Salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken stock
6 strips bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon onion powder
1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium high heat.
2) Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add thighs, skin side down, to hot skillet and let cook for 5 minutes before flipping. Remove chicken from skillet.
3) Add garlic and a splash of the chicken stock to skillet. Cook for a minute to deglaze then add remaining stock. Add 1/4 of the bacon.
4) Return chicken to pan, add lemon juice and set heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until chicken is done and 165 degrees inside.
5) Remove chicken from skillet and add milk. Bring to a boil and then immediately return to a simmer, let simmer until thickened. Return the thighs to the pan, spoon sauce on top and sprinkle remaining bacon on top. Serve immediately.