I love how easy this dish is. No oven time, not a lot of prep work and it’s FILLED with flavor! My husband said several times how delicious this was. The sauce simmers away on the stove while your pasta is cooking and makes you hungrier as you wait. You don’t have to use spaghetti with this, you can use your preferred go-to pasta but I thought the spaghetti was great. This is a perfect weeknight dinner!
1 lb boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, flavored with basil and oregano
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup salted butter
1 box spaghetti
1) Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound down to even thickness. Remove wrap and slice chicken into 3-4 pieces per breast. Season pieces well with salt, pepper and onion powder.
2) Heat olive oil in large skillet until hot then add chicken and fry on each side until browned on the outside. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate until later.
3) Lower heat to medium and let oil cool slightly. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes. Add garlic and butter and continue to simmer down. After a few minutes, return the chicken to the pan and continue to simmer.
4) While sauce is simmering, cook pasta to al dente per package instructions. Drain pasta and add some butter to prevent sticking.
5) Sprinkle the sauce with some more oregano and basil and serve on top of the pasta.