Who doesn’t love a good pasta sauce? I know that when I make my own, it always comes out just perfect but sometimes you want to have something a little different and this Creamy Tomato Alfredo does just that! The tangy sauce with just a hint of spice but the rich creaminess you love! This is a must try!
1 lb linguine
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
35 oz crushed tomatoes
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup grated parmesan
1) In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté till fragrant, about a minute. Slowly pour in the tomatoes, bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
2) Season with salt, pepper and red pepper. Stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3) In a large, heavily salted pot of boiling water, cook linguine till al dente according to package instructions. Drain, saving 1/4 cup of the pasta water if needed, and set aside.
4) Once the sauce is done simmering, stir in the butter and milk. Add the pasta and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to thin it out. Add cheese and mix again.
5) Serve, topped with more cheese if you choose.