Ever since I was a kid, kielbasa has been a part of my diet. My mother used to make regularly and I’ve continued to use it. My Spicy Kielbasa Pasta is a huge hit but sometimes I just want to make it different. This pasta has a creamy garlic cheese sauce that mingles well with the kielbasa. This is a great weeknight option that will make everyone happy.
1 box ziti
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 link smoked kielbasa
1) Cook pasta to al dente according to directions. Preheat broiler.
2) While pasta is boiling, melt butter in large skillet on medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
3) Whisk in broth and then milk. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper and simmer till sauce is thickened. About 5 minutes. Add in 2 cups of cheese and whisk till smooth.
4) Slice kielbasa into rounds, then quarter moons.
5) Add pasta, sauce and kielbasa to a baking dish and mix. Top with remaining cheese.
6) Broil for 3 minutes until cheese is bubbly.