I had a crazy craving for nachos that I had to fulfill. These are so good and they have a few healthy ingredients so you don’t feel like you’re being a total glutton. For an easy meal, they will fill you up! Perfect for a Sunday football party!
1 bag tortilla chips
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Diced Onion
1/2 lb Ground Beef
1/2 can Black Beans
1 package Taco Seasoning
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 diced Tomato
Optional: Diced Black Olives, Diced jalapeno, Sour Cream, Salsa, 1/2 diced Avocado
1) Add Olive Oil to pan and heat on medium-high heat. Once warm, add onions and cook for 1-2 minutes till soft.
2) Add Ground Beef and mix in onions. After a minute, add taco seasoning. Cook till meat is brown and drain any fat.
3) Add Black beans to meat mixture and remove from heat.
5) Cover with a 1/2 cup layer of cheese.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times and cook in the microwave in 1 minute increments until cheese is the desired level of meltiness.
7) Top with diced tomatoes, avocado and any other toppings you like. In this version I put avocado, sour cream, salsa and jalapeño on the side so people could top with what they wanted.
I was stuffed after eating these and even my son was by my side asking for some. A perfect appetizer for parties or a great plate of snacks for whatever game is on TV.