Let’s not lie to ourselves, cheese is amazing. I love anything cheese! But lately my thing is a creamy, thick cheese sauce! I’ve been working on getting something that just coats pasta perfectly and melts even more in your mouth and this may have done it. The cheese was coating my whisk and I could have just eaten a bowl of it. The nice crusty top gave it an awesome crunch too that helps with the decedent thickness of the cheese!
1 box penne pasta
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1) Turn on the oven broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Melt butter over medium heat in oven friendly skillet. Add garlic and cook till fragrant, about one minute.
3) Whisk in flour until well combined. Add milk and broth. Cook until bubbled and thickened. Add salt and pepper.
4) Slowly add 3/4 of the cheese and whisk until well combined and becomes a nice, thick sauce. Pour in the pasta and mix well with the sauce.
5) Top with the remaining cheese and place under broiler for 3-4 minutes until cheese melts and browns.