A huge favorite around here! They hit the spot and are so worth the effort! They are a bit of prep work but they make up for once you start eating. A perfect choice for Sunday night dinner. Don’t forget the garlic bread!
1 box jumbo pasta shells
1 15 oz jar ricotta cheese
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 cups mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 tablespoon garlic powder, onion powder, basil and oregano each.
Dash of nutmeg
1 jar marinara
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cook shells to al dente according to package directions. They shouldn’t be over cooked to stand up better and hold the filling. Drain.
3) Spread a light layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 in baking dish. About 1/2-3/4 of a cup.
4) While the shells are cooking mix the ricotta, spinach, egg, 1/4 of the mozzerella, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano and nutmeg in a large bowl. Once the shells have cooled enough to handle, start stuffing with the mixture. The shells should be full but no overflowing.
5) Spoon the remaining sauce over the shells and then sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and top with the parmesan.
6) Cover dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.