Tacos are a miracle food and stuffing other things with tacos are even better! This is a vegetarian taco that’s full of flavor along with being full of fiber and other healthy stuff. This helps curb your craving without throwing you off too much. These are stuffed with black beans, avocado and of course sweet potato. You don’t have to use the sour cream but I add a little bit of extra yummy on top! You can also keep the extra sweet potato and save it for a side for another meal.
4 medium/large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 16 oz can black beans, drained
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 avocado, chopped
Sour cream for topping (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for one hour until soft and a fork can easily be inserted into the potato.
3) While the potatoes are cooling, add oil to skillet and heat to medium high. Add onion and saute for 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4) Add black beans and combine. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Stir and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
5) Cut open sweet potatoes and scoop out some of the inside to make room for the filling. Add in the black bean mix, top with avocado and sour cream and serve!