Who doesn’t love some mac and cheese? It’s the ultimate in comfort food and this dish is no different! It takes it to a different level by using cheese tortellini to make this even cheesier! You must feed your cheese craving with some Tortellini Mac and Cheese!
1/2 box penne pasta
1 8 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
1.5 tablespoons butter plus 2 tablespoons extra
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons flour
2.5 cups milk
1/4 cup cream cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1) Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Boil pasta to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3) In a medium saucepan, melt the 1.5 tablespoons butter on medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add flour and whisk until a roux forms.
4) Slowly add the milk and whisk together. Add cream cheese and continue mixing till smooth. Mix in salt and pepper and cook till thickened.
5) Slowly whisk in the cheddar until melted.
6) In a large baking dish, pour in pasta and sauce and mix well. Clean out saucepan and add the remaining butter and melt. Mix in breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
7) Bake for 10 minutes and serve immediately.