I’ve been with my husband for awhile now and when we first moved in together he told me about one of his favorite dinners growing up was his mom’s tuna casserole. Once he told me that I had to contact my mother-in-law and get the recipe. I made it for his birthday that year and he was so happy to have this comfort food again that he stuffed himself! Now I keep this recipe on standby when I want to give him a little comfort food. His favorite way to eat this is with lots and lots of pepper so if you have a tuna fan in the house and need something easy to prep and quick to bake, this is your go to recipe!
3 cans solid white tuna
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
2 cans early young peas
1 soup can of Minute Rice
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare soup according to instructions using the juice from peas and a little milk.
3) When soup is done, add in broken up tuna and the peas.
4) Pour the minute rice in the bottom of a casserole dish. Pour in the soup mix and stir.
5) Bake for 20 minutes. Stir again. You can add more rice if it’s not thick enough for you.