Lets be honest, bacon is a gift and can go well with anything. This Bacon, Garlic and Tomato Penne is a great way to use that bacon to give you a dish that can’t be beat! This is super creamy and the salty bacon mixes great with the garlic! You will love this dish!
1 pound penne pasta
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon basil
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons flour
2.5 cups whole milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded mozzarella
10 grape tomatoes, halved
1) Bring a large salted pot of water to boil. Cook pasta to package directions and drain. Set aside. If you have not cooked the bacon yet, fry it in a pan till crisp, when cooled crumble and set aside.
2) Set a skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter. Stir in the garlic, basil, salt and pepper and let cook for a minute until fragrant. Whisk in flour and stir until a paste forms.
3) Slowly whisk in milk. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until thickened. Continue whisking.
4) Remove from heat and add both cheeses. Mix until well combined and a thick sauce forms.
5) Return pasta to pot and pour in the sauce. Mix well and add in the bacon and tomatoes. Mix again until combined and serve.