Who doesn’t love lasagna? This version of Cheesy Chicken Skillet Lasagna is full of gooey cheese and garlic. It tastes absolutely amazing and perfect for everyone so you won’t have any complaints!
2 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Salt and pepper
1 box lasagna noodles
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
15 oz ricotta
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Break up lasagna noodles into pieces and boil to al dente according to package instructions.
2) In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Sauté for a minute then add flour. Whisk until a roux forms. Add thyme and whisk again.
3) Add the milk and whisk until sauce forms. Cook until thickened and add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Pour 1/2 cup of sauce onto the bottom of the skillet and start arranging the noodles to cover it. Layer with chicken, ricotta and top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Repeat. Add a final layer of noodles and top with remaining mozzarella and the sauce.
5) Bake for 30 minutes and let sit for a few minutes before serving.