This Creamy Mac and Cheese is legit! It’s exactly as described, totally creamy and decadent. This works great with elbow macaroni but if you have a box of another kind of pasta lying around, you can mix it up with that. If you are a mac and cheese fan, you need to get this baking in your oven right away! If you want to see my other recipes, check out my Baked Mac and Cheese and my Garlic Bacon Mac and Cheese!
12 oz dry elbow macaroni
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 can cream of cheddar soup
2 cups shredded cheddar
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook macaroni to package directions, drain and set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook while stirring for about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, mustard, onion and garlic powder. Cook until thickened, continue to stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Remove from heat and stir in 1.5 cups of cheddar and the soup. You should have a nice, thick sauce.
4) In a large baking dish, pour in the macaroni and cheese sauce. Mix together. Top with remaining cheese.
5) Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.