As anyone here knows, I love grilled cheese! My many recipes here prove that and there’s also this. As someone who loves it, I also love to experiment with it. You can do the classic, but this Spinach Ricotta Grilled Cheese is so delicious! I made this along with a bowl of my Sunday Sauce for dipping and it was a sandwich worth the extra effort!
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1/8 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons oregano
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
4 slices thick bread
2 tablespoons softened butter
1) Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add garlic to large bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and return to the stove.
2) In the large bowl, mix the garlic with the ricotta, spinach, parmesan, salt, pepper, basil and oregano until well combined.
3) Take a piece of bread and coat one side with butter, place butter side down in skillet. Spread some ricotta mixture on top and place some mozzarella on top. Spread butter on the other slice of bread and place more ricotta mix on the other side.
4) Place slice butter side up on top of the mozzarella.
5) Cook until cheese is melty and both sides of the bread are browned.